Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 08, 2020, 01:04:44 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: SMF - Just Installed!

+  CLA Forum
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Anti-Funneling Ordinance
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print
Author Topic: Anti-Funneling Ordinance  (Read 118771 times)
Bonnie
Administrator

« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2012, 04:38:00 PM »

Your concerns, believe me, are concerns of the CLA also!  There seems to many who do not understand we have three separate issues, 1) Road Ends (State Legislature with super majority voted this bill through and with "immediate effect" pushed it right through). CLA sides with you and those that have always had access to the lake.     We feel if everyone acts responsibly and as a good neighbor, life should be able to go on as it has from the earliest years of access.  2) CLA supports the Anti-funneling Ordinance 15a to keep future new off-lake development from funneling the entire development through a 50' lot.  This position is to ensure the value of the property owners on either side of the keyhole lot is not lessened.  3) New proposed ordinance for docks and watercraft - CLA remains neutral, but if the board does not want to enforce, why have an ordinance at all.  CLA want to protect the property value of all members, whether on or off the lake.  The road end issue was not in our best interests and out of our control as it was a legislative bill.  We hope all available members come to the Public Hearing this next Tuesday night at 7 pm to support anti-funneling and express concerns over the dock/watercraft proposal. 

Bonnie K
Bonnie
Administrator

« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2012, 08:30:49 PM »

At the township board meeting tonight, they voted down the proposed dock and watercraft ordinance which the CLA concurs with and has remained neutral on.  However, they voted to request their township attorney to write a dissolution of Ordinance 15A to vote on at the next township meeting in July.  Discussion by the board included ammending the ordinance to accommodate a commercial area variance thus protecting the residential areas, holding off on any action until the new township board is elected, and only having 15A affect Crystal Lake, not all other lakes within the township.  The dates/details of the future board meeting will be posted for everyone's information.  CLA needs all supporters to show for this meeting which I believe is July 11th although July 18th was mentioned as the date.  I will firm up the date!  There were approximately 60 people at the public hearing and 75% or more were in favor in keeping the ordinance in place. 

Bonnie K
Bonnie
Administrator

« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2012, 07:35:16 PM »

Tomorrow, Wednesday 7 pm is the vote for rescinding Ordinance 15a, Anti-Funnelling at the monthly Township Board meeting.  Request all CLA members who can make it, be there!  We need numbers to support our position.  I requested the CLA be put on the agenda for public comments prior to the vote.

Bonnie K
Bonnie
Administrator

« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2012, 09:10:03 PM »

It was a good showing of concerned cottage owners!  Comments were received by the Township Board, both pro and con in regards to the anti-funneling ordinance.  No motion was forthcoming from the board to vote to rescind, rather a motion was made to delay the vote till the Aug 8th Township Board meeting to allow the board members to "think" about the issue.  We still need to show up in numbers to strengthen our cause.  Board members will be meeting with one of the Township Trustees to find out why he is so negative about the CLA.  We will brief him on all the positive things CLA does for the community from goose round-up, water testing, fireworks, polar dip warming tent, etc....  Hopefully we can make a friend!  Please come to the meeting on Aug 8th at 7 pm to support us!

Bonnie K
Bonnie
Administrator

« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2012, 09:35:58 PM »

Aug 8, 2012 Township Board meeting.  A vote was taken to rescind Ordinance 15a and it was rescinded by a vote of 3 to 2.   I'm so taken back, I have no more words except CLA will do everything in our power to fight back!  Those who voted to rescind either had no concern about the future of this lake, may have a self-serving interest, or do not have a clear understanding of the subject matter.  It is a sad, sad day for Crystal Lake!

Bonnie K
Robin

« Reply #80 on: August 09, 2012, 07:29:19 AM »

I was very disappointed in Braman, Stone and McCracken.   Sad   It just doesn't make any sense to me that they would do this without something else to be put into place.  This opens up a huge can of worms.  I hope nothing happens before we can get something else in place to prevent funneling.    There are days I'm too nervous to take my boat out on the lake due to the high traffic out there.  I can't even imagine what would happen to the lake if hundreds more boats, etc. start pouring unto the lake.  And for them to say that CLA had been unwilling to work with them these past couple years to come up with an alternative is just false.  Where did that come from?   I just don't get it.  How can this help the lake? 

Robin
Bonnie
Administrator

« Reply #81 on: August 09, 2012, 09:30:18 AM »

It looked like they were reaching for any excuse to present the CLA in a bad light.  It's all those insider politics and personal interests that drove this to be rescinded.  We pray the new township board will have better ethics, common sense and intellect! 

Bonnie K
Bonnie
Administrator

« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2012, 06:25:41 PM »

Whew, finished off re-writing a NEW anti-funneling/keyhole ordinance and submitted it Friday to the Township.  I hope it is accepted and acted upon promptly!!  Attached is the final copy.  Thanks to RC for giving us the help in tightening up the language and reviewing contents!!

Bonnie K
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length