Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 08, 2020, 01:20:03 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: SMF - Just Installed!

+  CLA Forum
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Anti-Funneling Ordinance
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print
Author Topic: Anti-Funneling Ordinance  (Read 118772 times)
klv2000

« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2012, 03:14:36 PM »

Bonnie,
How do I access your attachment?
Thanks
Bonnie
Administrator

« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2012, 05:19:34 PM »

Should be able to click on it and it will download to your PC.  Let me know if you have problems and I'll email you a copy.

Bonnie K
klv2000

« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2012, 01:27:51 AM »

I don't see a link or an attachment link.
Bonnie
Administrator

« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2012, 11:14:48 AM »

You should see the link below my post ending with "Thank You".  It's at the bottom of the post as an attachment.

Bonnie K
Robin

« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2012, 10:42:06 AM »

I got it.  Thanks for the info, Bonnie.  I'm hoping to be able to go to the meeting on the 28th just to listen.

Robin
srm
Administrator

« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2012, 05:44:58 PM »

This forum requires users to be logged in to download attachments.
-srm
Bonnie
Administrator

« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2012, 08:21:20 PM »

For those of you following this issue, here is the Daily News report on what happened.  Most of it is pretty accurate, some issues were not reported on.  Bottom line, CLA offered to help with legal fund for Township to take the best of both ordinances and try to make one that is satisfactory to all. 

http://thedailynews.cc/2012/03/30/crystal-township-residents-question-proposed-lake-ordinance/

Bonnie K
Bonnie
Administrator

« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2012, 06:17:37 PM »

I attended the Michigan Lakes and Stream Annual Conference this past weekend.  I had an opportunity to listen to and speak to one of Michigan's foremost riparian attorney's.  We really need to voice strongly our opposition to the elimination of Ordinance 15A (Anti-Funneling).  Urge all members of CLA to become involved, show a united front and be vocal on this issue.  Just because our current board does not like the "wording" and has the wrong interpretation of this ordinance is of a concern to all of us.  I received clarification on "swimming access" at the conference and there is no issue at all.  A riparian can "invite" family and friends to swim in the lake as invitees.  So, this 2 year concern by our board is very ill conceived!  Let's put the May township board meeting on our calendars to attend!  It is May 9th at 7 pm at the community center!  See you there! Thanks!

Bonnie K
Robin

« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2012, 01:21:12 PM »

Bonnie, I'm sorry I won't be able to attend this meeting - I'll be on vacation.  I hope you get some people to attend and support you in this endeavor to protect our anti-funneling rights.  Thank you for all your hard work.  It is greatly appreciated!  I went to the last meeting and now I'm confused as to why the Township Board is even wanting to change the ordinance so drastically.

Robin
Michael OB
Administrator

« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2012, 09:57:30 AM »

The commute from Albuquerque precludes my attending on Wednesday, but I agree with what you wrote, Bonnie.
Kindest regards...
Michael
scottmat28

« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2012, 10:26:35 PM »

I realize I'm the lone wolf on this forum.  I do find 15A more palatable than the proposed ordinance 15b (which I believe was drafted by the aforementioned "preeminent" riparian rights attorney) which I find grossly intrusive.  I'll try attend the township board meeting.  I just wish there was the same level of enthusiasm for doing something about all the junk on properties around the lake as there was for restricting use of the lake. 
Bonnie
Administrator

« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2012, 08:32:57 PM »

There is another township public hearing on the proposed Dock and Boat Ordinance coming up on June 5th at 7 pm at the Community Center.  The questions asked at the first public hearing have been answered (handed out at this past week's township board meeting) by Attorney Cliff Bloom. Request CLA members attend this public hearing!  We need your support and show of unity!

Note:  In order to open the attached document, you must be signed in!!  In addition, if you would like the updated draft ordinance dtd 4/25/2012, please let me know and I will send it to your email address.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 08:43:24 PM by Bonnie » Logged

Bonnie K
Chris_Mason

« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2012, 08:40:53 AM »

Bonnie,

Please send me a copy if you would. Thanks.

Chris
Robin

« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2012, 02:00:52 PM »

Bonnie, I have put the June 5 meeting on my calendar.  Thanks for the update. Cheesy

Robin
ptown

« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2012, 07:36:24 AM »

Currently I am a road ender and have enjoyed being able to use my pontoon on Crystal Lake. Some of the families on my road have been using the same dock and road end since 1949! The memories created here have become part of "Summertime" in Michigan. To deny us from using the same priviledges as we have in the past, will sadly force many people to  rent their properties out or even sell. I can understand if someone were to come and put in a campgound and large marina ,  the impact that it would have on the lake traffic. But as it is now, I have only a few times found the traffic out there busy... I enjoy being part of the Crystal community, but without our same priviledges, it will lose the community feel... I can only say, please let us have it the way it was.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length