Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 02, 2020, 08:06:54 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: SMF - Just Installed!

+  CLA Forum
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Upcoming Crystal Events
| | |-+  Winterfest at Crystal
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Winterfest at Crystal  (Read 22472 times)
sdingle

« on: January 16, 2010, 03:14:19 PM »

I heard earlier that there were plans for a Winterfest event at Crystal this coming weekend. Is it still on? If so do you have a list of events scheduled?
Bonnie
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 07:27:45 PM »

There is a winterfest scheduled for this coming weekend.  I know the fishing tourney starts at midnight on Friday night and goes through 3 pm on Saturday.  There is an ice skating pond already prepared, there will be a chili cook-off, races, bonfire, and fireworks at 6 pm Saturday night.  The Downtown Development Authority (DDA) is the organizer.  I have not seen a time schedule except for the fishing tourney and the fireworks.   You can call 989-235-4501 or 4341 for questions and also volunteering to help! 

Bonnie K
klv2000

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 06:02:25 PM »

There are flyers all over town.  Crystal Cafe has  flyers on every table.  Lists events and times for everything.
sdingle

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 07:25:28 PM »

I live in Ohio! Maybe some one can e-mail me a soft copy.
bogerfate@yahoo.com

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 11:09:01 AM »

Events are as Follows
Bon Fire - Beach infront of Wet Spot 12-6
Chile Cook Off- Tent Behind Library 12-5
Fishing Derby 12 am to ??
Bikes/ATV's?Snowmobile Oval Ice Racing 9am sign up, 10am practice Race at 11
Ice Rescue Demo 1-3
Polar Dip 3:00     ( I will not be perticapating!! )
50/50 Raffle - Drawing at 5:45
Skating & Sledding , Township park  11-6
Adult Games 1-3 at Beach
Kids Games 1-3 At Beach
Fireworks  6 pm

Hope you can all make it and enjoy yourselves.
Bonnie
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 08:40:50 PM »

Follow http://www.thedailynews.cc/main.asp?SectionID=2&SubSectionID=11&ArticleID=32344   This link is to the article with events that was in The Daily News today.

Bonnie K
klv2000

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 04:33:21 PM »

The WinterFest seems to have been a great overall success.  Many locals are still talking about it and looking forward to next year. 

I heard estimates of 1500 people in town participating in the various events.  Fortunately, the weather cooperated big time.

The folks that put this on are already talking about changes to make next year's event bigger and better.

As a reasonably new year-round resident, I can say it was sure a nice change from the norm up here in the winter.

We had hundreds of fishermen on the lake, airplanes flying around and landing on the lake by the beach, continuous music and DJ at the beach, a very intersting ice/water safety demo, a fun polar dip event, and very nice fireworks at dark.

Our kids loved every minute and so did we!

Great job DDA, local business owners and all of the volunteers that worked on this!

Can't wait til next year!!
Robin

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 02:57:54 PM »

I participated in the first Annual Winterfest and had a great time.  What seemed so nice to me was just seeing so many people outside mingling and having fun.  Usually it's so desolate in the winter around the lake.  For those that are there in the winter, most just stay indoors and we don't see each other.

I really enjoyed seeing everyone outdoors and having fun.  Even in the evening for the fireworks, many people had campfires in their yards just like in the summer months!

Thank you everyone who worked so hard to pull this together.  I look forward to next year!

Robin Pline

Robin
Bonnie
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 07:36:12 PM »

Mark your calendars now for January 22nd, 2011 when the 2nd Annual Winterfest will be held!  Your CLA will be sponsoring the warming tent and I am looking for volunteers to help out for the day!  Come up, dress warm and have fun!

Bonnie K
Bonnie
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 11:27:07 AM »

Come on up to Crystal Lake, Jan 22nd for the 2nd Annual Crystal Lake Winter Festival!  Your Crystal Lake Association is sponsoring the warming tent for the Polar Dip!  Stop by and see us!  We'll be serving hot chocolate to members and dippers!

I've attached the schedule for the day.  Please access it for specific events/times.  The ice is over 10" thick and ice fishing/snowmobiling/Xcountry skiing and skating are activities that get you outdoors and having fun!  Join us for a full day of fun at Crystal Lake and participate in Frisbie Golf, Turkey Bowling, snow volleyball and a 3 legged race!  There is also dog sled rides, ice rescue demonstrations, music/dj, bon fire and fireworks at 6 pm. 

Bonnie K
Robin

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 02:36:44 PM »

I'm looking forward to it.  I had such a nice time last year. 
I don't think I've paid my 2011 Association dues yet.  Did I miss that, or is the time not here yet?  I can't remember when those are due.  If I missed it, is there a form on-line I can fill out?  THANKS and Happy New Year to everyone in Crystal.

Robin
Bonnie
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 03:18:00 PM »

Hey Robin!  Come on over to our warming tent for a cup of hot chocolate!  Or, take the plunge in the Polar Dip!!!!  We'll be in a large tent over by the North Shore Landing where the polar dip will take place.  Tent goes up around 11 a.m. and should be over by 5 pm.

Our Spring Newsletter will have the dues info and form, so you can hold off for now!

I hope you were able to pull the attachment with the schedule and listing of events for the 22nd!  Pray for great weather!!

Bonnie K
Robin

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2011, 11:41:23 AM »

Thank you, Bonnie.  My grandson wants to do the Polar Plunge this year.  What time do I need to register him?  I will introduce myself when I come to the tent.   :-)

Robin
Bonnie
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2011, 02:01:32 PM »

Registration will be at the Information tent on the corner down by the beach or next to the BBQ place.  I think they can register anytime the tent is open.  I'm sure it will be open by 10 a.m.  Pam Greenhow, DDA, also said we could register people for the Polar plunge at our warming tent.   We should be up and running by noon.   They will give rubber bracelets to ID those that have registered.  See you there!!

Bonnie K
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length