Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2020, 11:45:32 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: SMF - Just Installed!

+  CLA Forum
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Newsletters
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Newsletters  (Read 7664 times)
srm
Administrator

« on: September 01, 2010, 09:58:01 AM »

2010 Fall Newsletter Now Available at
http://www.crystalonline.org/doc/NewsLetters/2010/CLA%20Newsletter%20Fall%20%202010.pdf
Bonnie
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 04:39:50 PM »

Attached is the Fall 2012 newsletter.  Enjoy!

Bonnie K
Bonnie
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 09:08:45 PM »

Attached is the CLA Spring 2013 newsletter.  Enjoy and get your membership in today!!

You must be logged in on this website to access the attachment.

Bonnie K
scottmat28

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 04:57:00 PM »

I just finished reading the summer newsletter.  The CLA does lots of good things for the lake, so I'm conflicted when I see things like the endorsement of the Michigan Waterfront Alliance.  As recommended, I did go to the MWA website to check them out.  While they also do some good things for water quality and protection, this organization is also an advocate for lakefront owners at the expense of backlot owners.  They, along with the closely aligned Michigan Lakes and Streams organization, were strong advocates and lobbyists for the grossly restrictive road-ends usage legislation that was enacted last year.  They are also strong advocates for further restrictions on road-end usage to limit or ban even daytime usage. 

So, while I like many things the our organization, the CLA, does, I have a very difficult time reconciling the fact that the CLA continues to complicitly support waterfront owners at the expense of backlot owners.  I pay membership fees to CLA for four properties, two of which have deeded lakefront and two of which are backlot properties.  Every year I ask myself why I am paying membership fees for the backlot properties to an organization that I don't feel advocates very well for those properties when it endorses other organizations whose goals include eliminating long-held and accepted lake usage rights of backlot owners. 

A quick perusal of the cottage directory would lead me to believe that about 1/2 of CLA members are backlot owners...I just don't get it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length