Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 08, 2020, 01:59:55 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: SMF - Just Installed!

+  CLA Forum
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Straw Poll: What Verizon Cell Phones Work Around the Lake?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Straw Poll: What Verizon Cell Phones Work Around the Lake?  (Read 8754 times)
Michael OB
Administrator

« on: March 22, 2011, 08:21:00 AM »

Hi All...

If you don't have Verizon mobile/cell phone service and a newer smart phone, please feel free to ignore this post.

I have Verizon service and an older Motorola RAZR phone. Although it works great around the lake, I'm thinking about upgrading to a smart phone with Verizon to take advantage of email, etc.

Question: If you have Verizon service AND a smart phone, does your smart phone get a strong signal around the lake?

(Feel free to use a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 = drops calls like crazy and 10 is never drops calls, never breaks up.)

I don't plan to switch carriers.

Kindest regards... Michael
Bonnie
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 01:42:20 PM »

Hi Michael!

I live on the west side of the lake and verizon is ok, but weak.  I had to have a booster put in my house to amplify reception/signal.  I am a Verizon customer with a Crystal address.... Verizon bought Alltel and the feds got nervous and had them sell X number of towers to AT&T.  We, Verizon customers, are being transferred to AT&T because of our addresses are in vicinity of said towers.  We were sent new cell phones and the Verizon phones we have now will quit working as of April 6th.  That is the transfer date.  If we are unhappy with AT&T signal, we can resubscribe back to Verizon as new customers.... It's a mess!  There are cell phones which have better signal reception, just go into a Verizon store and the clerks can tell you which models are the best.  I'll let you know how the AT&T signal comes in after April 6th!

Bonnie K
Michael OB
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 11:13:36 PM »

What a mess, indeed. Thanks, Bonnie! I appreciate it a great deal.
Bonnie
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 05:23:46 PM »

Thought I'd update you on AT&T cell phone.   Reception seems to be about the same or maybe just a tad better than Verizon's was....  I decided for now to keep with AT&T.  Hope this helps.

Bonnie K
Michael OB
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 08:48:50 AM »

Thank you!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length