Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 08, 2020, 01:20:56 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: SMF - Just Installed!

+  CLA Forum
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  boat docking
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: boat docking  (Read 8577 times)
craig h

« on: May 10, 2010, 10:41:41 PM »

I purchased property off the lake last fall. All I want is a place to dock my pontoon boat and teach my [2 ]- 4 year old grand-daughters how to fish and grow up in a small close - knit community free of the worries of the world today. It seems that I have talked to many people about where I can park but no one seems to know the answer. Either they are unwilling to help ; which I think is the case ; or they are afraid to tell me something fearing of reprisal from neighbors.  I just can't figure it out. Today I get home from from work there is a newsletter from CLA association asking for money . I don't have a problem paying dues and would willingly. All I want is to be considered part of the community and not as an outsider. Crystal lake will be our permanent home  when we choose to retire. If anyone can help me please call me at 517-285-6660. I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks
Craig H
dotcalc

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 06:28:49 PM »

Craig h;

Craig S. here.  I have a place on the lake and my "permanent" address is in Loudon Tennessee (just outside of Knoxville).  I'm orgininally from Carson City. 
Crystal lake is a wonderful place and you've chosen well.

If your property doesn't come with an easment or access to the lake, then you are kind of out of luck...other than trailering your boat to the lake, etc. 

You might want to ask some of the folks near where your property is to see what you can work out with them if possible.

Hope this  helps
Craig S
craig h

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 10:14:18 PM »

Thank  Craig S, for your reply. I am going to try the neighborhood next to see if I have any luck with permission from someone . I recieved a phone call from someone in the CLA  lake board who confirmed my suspected doubts about people wanting to tell me anything positive. I talked to the road commission and there are public road street ends with access to the lake. I guess I will have to get the original plat from the early 1900's and see what it says from the courthouse. I wish I wouldn't have already had a pontoon boat when I bought this place. I don't to have want to buy a pontoon trailer to take my pontoon out every day. Not a  financially  sound investment for the headache involved in moving it everyday. I guess I am just discouraged about this whole situation.
craig h

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 11:09:19 AM »

It's been 3 years since I asked for help on this issue. I sold my pontoon boat 2 years ago because I had to pay a LOT of money to dock it for the season and rarely used it . I purchased a boat on a trailer to replace the pontoon boat. After a year and a half  ; I have since sold the boat because I realized it was too much hassle to try and put the boat in and out of the water every day that I wanted to use it. I realized I'm not a spring chicken anymore and it became too much of a burden to try and launch and land it by myself. I may be interested in purchasing another pontoon if I could find someplace to dock it for a reasonable fee for the summer. I'm not asking for a freebie and I would pay for the privilege. I DO own property off the lake and I do pay taxes unlike people that just come in and drop their boat in the lake and then leave and not contribute to the township upkeep. My number is 517-285-6660 if you have any suggestions. Thanks for viewing this post and I hope someone can help me.

Craig H
craig h

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 01:37:11 PM »

Well I did buy another pontoon boat. I sure wish someone could help me find a place to dock it . Its on a trailer and it sure is a pain to pull it in and out of the water every time I want to use it. Seems like someone on this forum knows someone who could use some extra cash for the privilege to dock it.  My e-mail address is craighauser@comcast.net if they would rather do that then call me. Any leads would be appreciated !!

Thanks
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length