Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 08, 2020, 01:48:46 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: SMF - Just Installed!

+  CLA Forum
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Bike-Walk Path
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Bike-Walk Path  (Read 27586 times)
Robin

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2011, 08:47:56 AM »

I have already made one donation to the project, but was tossing around the idea of paying the rest that is needed to complete the project in memory of my husband, Gus.  He passed away at our home in Crystal on Aug. 12, 2008 at the age of 51.  Crystal Lake was a very special place to him, and I think he would be happy to know our grandchildren would be safer riding bikes around the lake with this project completed. I would want to know the exact amount needed to really make it happen.  What are your thoughts?

Robin
Bonnie
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2011, 08:18:15 PM »

The Township approved the bike path last Wednesday night at a cost of 32.9K.  The Township is paying 12K and Jerry Stone said he was close in the pledges to make up the rest.  He also stated he had several parties who said they would donate more to make up for any shortages in the pledges.  The Township will be sending out letters to all who have pledged funds to start collecting.  I would hold steady at this point and I'll let you know if they are short (I'm sure they will be discussing at future township board meetings).  I'm relieved at least the shoulder will be paved for walkers/bikes, etc.  I just wish it could have been separated from the road for better safety.  Something is better than nothing!!  Thanks for your support!

Bonnie K
Bonnie
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2011, 09:56:46 PM »

Today, October 27th, Strait Tow Blvd was paved!  Yeh!  I thought they might do the bike path on Sidney at the same time, but drove by and no such luck.  Too bad, when they had lots of equipment and trucks here.  I guess it will be done in the Spring!

Bonnie K
Bonnie
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2012, 09:15:40 PM »

Shocked  At tonight's Township Board Meeting, it looks like the bike/walk path will be approved to estimated cost of 32K.  It will be 4' on both the north and south sides of the road in the 55 MPH part of Sidney Rd to Pine Grove Rd.  The design of 4' on both sides of the road (shoulder) has been dictated by the county road commission and public safety.  According to Jerry Stone, Township Trustee, they have high hopes to get the path done yet this Spring.

Bonnie K
Bonnie
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2012, 08:43:25 PM »

Bike path is paved.  Question on striping came up at the township board concerning when!  Answer:  when the company that does the striping comes around, usually once a summer.

Bonnie K
Bonnie
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2012, 09:11:11 PM »

It's striped now, but no signage or symbols are present.  I believe it is a cost factor.

Bonnie K
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length